|Doberman Rescue of the Triad was created to find homes for abandoned, abused and neglected Doberman Pinschers. Interested in adopting one of these truly loyal companions? Consider Doberman Rescue of the Triad. Chances are, we have the right dobe for you!
We love to hear from people that want to volunteer to help us. There are several ways you can do this.
- post flyers or profiles at your place of business
- ask your dentist, doctor, beautician, vet, (anyone!) to post flyers or perhaps display a donation jar for DRT.
- we are especially in need of color copies at greatly reduced cost (or free would be even better)!
- Foster Homes*
- a commitment of one or two days to several weeks could be involved. Short-term homes during holiday weekends are especially needed.
- Socialization of Rescues*
- This involves coming to the kennel, walking the dogs, playing with them, bathing them, petting them. In general, letting them know that each one is special and destined for a new, happy life. Feedback from your interaction is an invaluable asset in placing each Dobe in the right home.
- Kennel Help
- feeding, bathing, walking, cleaning, laundry, raking, leaf blowing, weed-whacking etc.
- pick up rescues at point of origin
- transportation between kennel and veterinarian
- transportation to adoption events
- Please contact DRT for ideas BEFORE holding your own fundraiser
- Handmade "canine" crafts or bandanas, collar covers, coats, etc.
- Home Visits or Drive-bys
- DRT Verifies that every potential adopter has a fenced yard and that the home is suitable for one of our Rescues. These requirements are clearly stated in the adoption application.
- Original Artwork/Graphic Artist
- simple line drawings that translate well for T-shirts and sweatshirts
- Computer skills, ebay
If you would like to volunteer, email, call at the number below or fill out the form below.